Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok, so I recently installed Bactrack 4, which is essentially kubuntu with a bunch of cool security-related apps installed. After another fresh install, I decided I wanted to try gnome, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Kmenu in Gnome?

Ok, so I recently installed Bactrack 4, which is essentially kubuntu with a bunch of cool security-related apps installed. After another fresh install, I decided I wanted to try gnome, so I essentially installed vanilla ubuntu. Now, I can access ubuntu by choosing gnome as the desktop manager at startup, or I can access backtrack by choosing kde. Is there any way I can get some sort of button or something set up in gnome that will display all of my kde menu stuff? (I had found a thread about this earlier, but I seem to have lost it, unfortunately. ) Looking forward to some replies.

-McPhale

KDE applications are also visible in gnome menu. you can use Gnome Extended menu for KDE/Gnome classification
    Never make any misteaks.

Read my Blog at --> Penguin Inside Subscribe Feed

Just Joined!
    I actually just tried that; unfortunately only one app showed up under it. A good chunk of my backtrack apps show up under internet, and a few under other. I am going to see if I can customize the menus myself, as I really liked how they are layed out in backtrack.