Find the answer to your Linux question:
Oy, Some Major issues here... KDE is (as the subject says) COMPLETELY messed up. It is messed up beyond recognition. There are no scroll bars, no check boxes/radio boxes, no ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

KDE is completely messed up

Oy,
    Some Major issues here...
    KDE is (as the subject says) COMPLETELY messed up. It is messed up beyond recognition. There are no scroll bars, no check boxes/radio boxes, no buttons, no borders, NOTHING. I've tried yoperconf and KDE Control Panel, but both to no avail. Here's what happened before all this happened:
    while in console on irssi, my system started CRAWLING, so i rebooted (my uptime had been almost a week!) and logged into KDE, as always. Then everything was messed up. that's when i decided to play with yoperconf and kde control panel, and nothing worked. then i tried FVWM and one other, and the same thing was wrong. does anybody have any idea what the %$^@ is going on?
    thanks a lot!
    -lakerdonald

okay, well i assume that the lack of replies means that nobody knows what i'm talking about? well lemme tell you some more:
    i've recently installed fluxbox, ICE, and blackbox, same problem. so i figures that this is a problem with X. how do i reinstall X and all its components?

Just Joined!
    hello
    best you create another user and see whether KDE is messed up everywhere. if yes, reinstall KDE from the installation disks.

it doesn't work for root either, and it's not just KDE. I'm talking about reinstalling X. any ideas how to go about this.

dear christ! this is the strangest piece of shizznizzlebam EVER. now it works. fine. i didn't even do anything. dear christ it's acting like windows
    but still

-lakerdonald

probably was a video card issue, that somehow sorted itself out.

i don't think a card as old as mine can really have issues. they've had YEARS to work it out lol (think: neomagic framebuffer)