Find the answer to your Linux question:
Can you adjust the sensitivity of the window resize icon? When I move the cursor to the edge of the window, it shows the resize icon for a split second. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

resize icon too sensitive

Can you adjust the sensitivity of the window resize icon?

When I move the cursor to the edge of the window, it shows the resize icon for a split second. I have to go back and forth over the edge multiple times before I can grab the edge and resize the window.

I use MS at work and note that the resize icon is about 1/4 of an inch in size and stays visible until the entire 1/4 inch icon passes over the edge.
    The Ubuntu icon is a thin vertical bar pointed to by an arrow. You must line up this vertical bar with the edge of the window. It feels like it is only one pixel wide. Proper behaviour would be for the resize icon to be visible both the edge and the arrow are no longer over the edge.

Perhaps there is a mouse setting that controls this.

Depends on what Window manager you use.

If you are using Metacity (Default with GNOME)
    There is no configuration to change this threshold, but you can use metacity themes with a bit wider border will just work fine.

Or you can simple click <Alt>F8 to grab the resize cursor.
    you can also change this shortcut
    using this command ..
    gconftool-2 --type string --set /apps/metacity/window_keybindings/begin_resize "Shortcut key"
    for example..
    gconftool-2 --type string --set /apps/metacity/window_keybindings/begin_resize "<Ctrl>F8"
    Or you can grab the triangle in lower right corner, most Window Managers have that
    Never make any misteaks.

Read my Blog at --> Penguin Inside Subscribe Feed

Just Joined!
    "simply click <Alt>F8 to grab the resize cursor."
    Wonderful. Thank you!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close