Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi im new to the pc world linnux but heard its beettter than windows since im having problems with windows xp i.e winsock is almost gone so having problem connecting ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation help with windows xp/linnux coz im new

hi im new to the pc world linnux but heard its beettter than windows since im having problems with windows xp i.e winsock is almost gone so having problem connecting to the net coz of no fix for it anyway i just want to know how to down load a linnux/xp emulator which would work on the net i.e using say firefox and have no problems with it at all

as i said im not clever to know what im to do or where to download a full linnux thing so pls tell me in terms i understand i.e keep it simple thxs

so im called nick and hi to those who already have linnux i hope you guys can help thxs

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums!

You can check the link in my signature for lots of good information to get you started with Linux. Lots of new users start out with Ubuntu, but you don't have to start there.

Have fun with Linux!
    oz

Just Joined!
    thxs but will it be ok to run it on my pc: sony vgn fs-515h which is around three years old and has wi-fi too but no blue tooth too

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by gennick3 View Post
    thxs but will it be ok to run it on my pc: sony vgn fs-515h which is around three years old and has wi-fi too but no blue tooth too
    It should run fine on it. If you want something lighter, you can try Xubuntu instead.
    oz

Just Joined!

Talking

thxs im on ubuntu now i need a plugin which will run a microsoft sliverlight application via firefox is there any plugins while runing unbuntu pls
    Last edited by gennick3; 11-13-2009 at 04:22 PM. Reason: my bad typing

Just Joined!
    thxs again