Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok I have just switched to Arch linux. I really like it. I have this one problem with my dual monitors setup. Right now I have dual monitors coming off ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Dual screen overlaps other desktop. Video half displayed

Ok I have just switched to Arch linux. I really like it. I have this one problem with my dual monitors setup. Right now I have dual monitors coming off of a VGA and DVI port on the same ATI 9200 PCI graphics card.( This is an old test computer but it runs great) I installed the gnome desktop on my Arch Linux installation and all I do is go to the display manager under system and I chage the destkop from being cloned to dual view. Well it works for that, but when I try to view either DVDs or avi, mp4, etc on my computer I get a half cut screen on the main monitor and no screen on the second monitor. When I leave it cloned I can see the whole video fine.I have the opensource ATI driver installed, and everything else works fine. I can even watch and see web videos, like youtube, and hulu. The only video affected is DVD or local avi, etc video. I even tried manually configuring my xorg.conf file, and I did some searches on goolge and the linux forum, but so far I have not found anything to help me solve my problem.Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I have attached an image of what I am talking about.
    Attached Images Attached Images