Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by chinmaya_n Hey folks ........ I've got an idea... Any way i'm using Jaunty now.... If i upgrade to Karmic through command line will this get solved ?? ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    sv*
    Just Joined!

Quote Originally Posted by chinmaya_n View Post
    Hey folks ........ I've got an idea...
    Any way i'm using Jaunty now.... If i upgrade to Karmic through command line will this get solved ??

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

I dont mind time! It may take nearly 7-8 hours. I'll stop the process at anytime and start again if anyproblem occurs....!
    What will you say ??
    I've no way to know how good you are in linux. But 'dist-upgrade' is a bad thing for most of us.

If you can spare 7-8 hours, have good internet connection then use it to download latest release than to install old one and then to do 'dist-upgrade'.

Secondly, is that your production system? with lot of important data? Never experiment with library files or other important system files except purposefully for studying.

Alright...... Though it is not my production system. It has some important data !!
    I left the idea of the dist-upgrade as many of them did not suggest it .....!
    Thanx to everyone...!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2