Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi there, I have a machine that does not have an X11 server installed. However, there is this program that keeps sending out XTestFakeMotionEvent and XTestFakeButtonEvent events defined by the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Intercepting XTestFake events without an X server

Hi there,

I have a machine that does not have an X11 server installed. However, there is this program that keeps sending out XTestFakeMotionEvent and XTestFakeButtonEvent events defined by the X11 XTest library . Normally ,these events can force an X server to emulate mouse motion and clicks

However, since there is no X server on this machine, I wanted to find out if there is a way to build a C program replacement to intercept these events coming from this other program?

Thanks
    Ian

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    An x server can be running locally on the host, or remotely on another computer. This application that is sending the X events mentioned must have been started with a valid DISPLAY environment or display command line option, otherwise it should not run at all, let alone propagate events to a non-existing X server. IE, without a valid X server, what you are saying is happening, cannot happen...
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!