Find the answer to your Linux question:
It was so good. When I had to break a process, I've hit the magic sequence, and all my troubles went away. Now, with KDE 4, only the reset button ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Gimme back my CTRL+ALT+Backspace

It was so good. When I had to break a process, I've hit the magic sequence, and all my troubles went away. Now, with KDE 4, only the reset button helps. Any solutions?
    If you need a CD/DVD catalogizer, give a try to my program:
    http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show...content=100682
    Linux Usert#430188

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by minthaka View Post
    It was so good. When I had to break a process, I've hit the magic sequence, and all my troubles went away. Now, with KDE 4, only the reset button helps. Any solutions?
    Put
    Option "DontZap" "false"

into the ServerFlags section of /etc/X11/xorg.conf (might not exists as X is supposed to be self/dynamic config now - if that is the case run "X --configure" in a cli session to generate s static one)
    In a world without walls and fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

I'm fairly certain the DontZap flag is deprecated now as well, so that may not work, depending on which distro and release you're running.

You need to add a line to /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/10osvendor/10-keymap.fdi

Reading something like
    Code:
    <merge key="input.xkb.options" type="string">grp:alt_shift_toggle,terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp</merge>
    If there is a line for input.xkb.options already, just add the terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp part.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close