Find the answer to your Linux question:
There is a thing called Microsoft Agent. It is an animated bird that talks (TTS). Here is a link: http://www.microsoft.com/msagent/default.asp Is there something like that on linux. Like a talking ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Talking Penguin, Anyone?

There is a thing called Microsoft Agent. It is an animated bird that talks (TTS). Here is a link: http://www.microsoft.com/msagent/default.asp

Is there something like that on linux. Like a talking penguin I got my MEPIS system setup to where it is almost like my XP one (in functionality). The only thing I a missing is TTS and few other titbits.

Any ideas, perhaps there is a port. I know that festival is one of the better TTS systems for linux, but by god I want a talking penguin

- Bogdan

yes, we ned more talking penguins. like three or so. one of them withh a french accent from monty python and the holy grail. that would be great. they could tell the noobs everything they could ever want to know. and they could do magic tricks, that ould be the shizznits.
    nVidia G-Force 6600GT (bfg) pci-e: amd 64 2000+ (939): 1024 corsair ram: 2X 80gb seagate harddisk SATA: plextor cd/dvd-read/write cdrom SATA

Just Joined!
    See, that's ware it's at, talking penguins! But for real, th unix world had that eyes things flowing the mouse for ages. Wouldn't it be grate to have a talking thing on your desktop that would read you stuff... Ok so I sound rediculas, but trust me, it's cool. Head it on the win side for like 6 years not and love it. All you need is an animated penguin hooked up to festival and you good to go.

- Bogdan

if they dont already have one it might come soon. windows just ran out of things to do(well not realy, but they were too lazy to do them) so they just made this bird thing. mabye you could make us a talking penguin. cant be too hard. just need a good frencg voice and plenty of good insults. but whatever you do make it better then windows.
    nVidia G-Force 6600GT (bfg) pci-e: amd 64 2000+ (939): 1024 corsair ram: 2X 80gb seagate harddisk SATA: plextor cd/dvd-read/write cdrom SATA

Just Joined!
    im learning to program. maybe i can make one?

Just Joined!

Festival hard to install in Debian

Hi all,
    Since "apt-get install festival" doen't work in Debian, is there any way to install it? I've tried many times using web sites, but no luck. Is there any manual and/or step-by-step instructions for a beginner?
    Thanks in advance for any input or help.

Is it open-source? If so, just install from source.
    Stumbling around the 'net:
    www.cloudyuseful.com