Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've been fiddling around with KDE 4.4, and decided to give Enlightenment another whirl (it's been a few years since I played with it). Problem is, KDE has changed so ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

KDM and creating new WM options for login

I've been fiddling around with KDE 4.4, and decided to give Enlightenment another whirl (it's been a few years since I played with it). Problem is, KDE has changed so much, the old methods of adding to the login screen no longer apply, and I'm having a devil of a time finding anything on line that deals with this.

I've already installed Enlightenment, and one would think it would automatically be added to the login screen. Nope. Not in this case. And the KDE login manager doesn't have any options for adding another WM to the login, either.

Sooooooooooooooooo, anyone played with this yet?
    Registered Linux user #384279
    Vector Linux SOHO 7

Just Joined!
    if you installed enlightenment under /opt make sure the path is set in /etc/profile.
    if not try this:
    Code:
    sed -i "s/PATH=\"/PATH=\"\/opt\/e17\/bin\:/g" /etc/profile
    i don't know kdm well, but the last times i used it it added enlightenment automatically.

to start it from xinitrc the command is "exec enlightenment_start" (in case you don't know). sometimes using the complete path helps: /opt/e17/bin/enlightenment_start

Linux Engineer
    I've been playing around with this off and on this morning, and it's wierd. I moved the .desktop file to /usr/share/kdm/sessions and you'd think the option would show up on the login screen. Nada.

A lot of things have change with KDE/KDM 4. Still digging with this one.I miss the easy way of doing things with 3.x. **sigh**
    Registered Linux user #384279
    Vector Linux SOHO 7