Find the answer to your Linux question:
For some reason I cant get any of the screen savers to run in X... I know it has to be something I am doing. I can setup a screen ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Cant get any screen savers to run

For some reason I cant get any of the screen savers to run in X... I know it has to be something I am doing. I can setup a screen saver and test it. Everything works there but then let the PC sit idle and it wont run just goes to a blank screen.

Running RH8 & KDE
    Any ideas? TIA

Linux Guru
    You aren't logging in as root, are you?

Just Joined!
    I have tried it logged in as root and as a user...

I set the time to one minute and let it sit there. It always goes to a blank screen instead of the screensaver I have selected.

Linux Guru
    If it it doesn't work as a user either, then I cannot help you. I'm not familiar at all with KDE's screensaver solution, I don't understand really why they can't use xscreensaver instead.

Just Joined!
    I have also tried gnome... And still it wont work... 3 differnent PCs and serveral new loads of RH8 and still no screen savers...

Linux Guru
    Huh?! That seems almost impossible. 3 different PCs?! In GNOME, try to disable the fading effect and see if it works.

Linux Enthusiast
    try enabling 3d acceleration and also when you are viewing your screensaver options, there is a 'test' button you click on to see what the screensaver will look like.