Find the answer to your Linux question:
Well, I am having a few problems, nothing major, but i am very irretated by them. There are only reallt 2 that i realize, and here is what they are: ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Troubles with... I am not sure

Well, I am having a few problems, nothing major, but i am very irretated by them. There are only reallt 2 that i realize, and here is what they are:

1. I set a login image for my username, but it does not show up. I created a new user name to see if it will show up when i set it to that user name, and sure enought, it does.
    2. Everytime I start up, it starts programs that I do not want to be running. I dont have it set up to save my setup, and i dont have it run the programs with the "Startup Prgrams" thing. What starts up is: xmms, gaim, my home folder, and the sessions menu. That is irrelevent, but nevertheless, that is exactly what all starts up when i login.

I really hope someone can help me out with my problems, I think it has something to do with the fact that i had to restart the x windows server, or whatever <ctrl><alt><backspace> does in FC2, while logged in a few times :-/

2)You need to log out correctly or else KDE will continue trying to restore your session Ctrl-Alt-Backspace forces X to shutdown immediately
    -lakerdonald

Linux Newbie
    ok, i got that figured out, i just had it save my setup when i was running no programs, but i still would like to have my login image appear...