Find the answer to your Linux question:
After trying almost a dozen desktop environments, I decided LXDE is definitely worth my time. So, I was messing around with customizing it yesterday. I right-clicked on the desktop, and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

LXDE, Desktop Settings

After trying almost a dozen desktop environments, I decided LXDE is definitely worth my time. So, I was messing around with customizing it yesterday. I right-clicked on the desktop, and had a nice white menu which included a "Desktop Settings" option. However, at some point, I had the option to allow right-clicking to use the Window Manager options or something, and I tried it out. Well, it made right-clicking bring up a black menu, with options I didnt care for. But now, I dont know how to set it back to the way it was! So, how can I set the right click to go back to the way it originally was? It gave me the Desktop Settings option which allowed, among other things, me to set a desktop picture as a background.

Thanks for any help.

-Chris P

oz
    forum.guy
    It's been a year or more since I last tried LXDE so I don't remember much about the configuration files and they might have changed since then, but you should be able to go to the configuration folders or files and rename them, then restart LXDE to allow them to rebuild themselves giving you a fresh start with your desktop environment.

You can find the LXSession wiki page here and it might be of some use to you in getting to the proper folders or files for renaming them:

LXSession - LXDE.org

If it doesn't work, you can delete the new folders/files and change the name back on the renamed folders/files and be no worse off than you are now.

Perhaps a current LXDE user will reply with more info for you.
    oz