Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi All, I've spent the last 2 days googling my problem and can't seem to find anyone that can help me solve my problem. I am running ArchLinux and trying ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy TightVNC problem using Xfce4

Hi All,

I've spent the last 2 days googling my problem and can't seem to find anyone that can help me solve my problem. I am running ArchLinux and trying to get tightVNC working so I can remote in from my Windows 7 netbook at home. I am doing this over my local lan.

The problem I'm having is I am unable to launch any programs from my remote session. I can get the desktop showing and can click the filesystem icon and look through the file manager and also shutdown or reboot my linux box. Whenever I try to launch a program though, I get the following error in my log file.

Code:
    AUDIT: Thu Jul  8 18:22:00 2010: 1979 Xvnc: client 10 rejected from local host
    Client is not authorized to connect to Server
    AUDIT: Thu Jul  8 18:22:00 2010: 1979 Xvnc: client 10 rejected from local host
    Client is not authorized to connect to Serverexo-open: Cannot open display: .

This is my ~/.vnc/xstartup file

Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    xhost +localhost
    exec startxfce4 &

This is in my /etc/inittab file :
    Code:
    vn:35:once:sudo su - brian -c "vncserver :1 -name Brian  -depth 24 -geometry 1280x600"
    Annybody have any ideas where I'm going wrong ?

Just Joined!
    I now see why Windows is so popular