Find the answer to your Linux question:
For some reason, my user cannot have a login photo. I have tried making a new user and make it have a login photo, and it worked on that user, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Login Photo

For some reason, my user cannot have a login photo. I have tried making a new user and make it have a login photo, and it worked on that user, but not on mine, its nothing big or important, but i want my user to have a login photo, can some1 please help me?

Linux Engineer
    what distro and login manager are you using?

Linux Newbie
    I am using FC2 and the gnome login manager, i think its gnome anyways.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    i dont think the default login manager in FC2 will let you have a login photo. login as root and i think in the "system" menu there'll be a link to "login manager" which will allow you to change login manager and themes. you can go to http://art.gnome.org/ to get login manager themes, but i know for sure that kdm (the KDE login manager) allows for login photos, so you may want to change to that.

Linux Newbie
    well i know that login photos work, because, as i said in my first post, i have created a new user and was able to use a login photo for that user, i was also able to have a login photo on my current user untill i had to restart the x windows server while logged it, i had some technical difficulties, that is the only reason i did it while logged in.

Linux Newbie
    well, obviously no one knows what is up, but it doesnt really matter anymore, because i am upgrading to FC3 soon.