Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello everyone I'm using Mandriva 2010 and I want to connect remotely from a windows machine using the remote desktop connection that comes with windows. Connecting from the Linux machine ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Remote Desktop From Windows to linux

Hello everyone

I'm using Mandriva 2010 and I want to connect remotely from a windows machine using the remote desktop connection that comes with windows.
    Connecting from the Linux machine to the windows machine is done with rdesktop, but the inverse is not that easy.
    I have tried the krfb utility to accept connections but I can't connect to it, I installed x11vnc using the port 3389 but again I can't connect from windows. finally I tried the vnc client on windows and I was able to connect (which means nothing is wrong with the connection and the firewall is not blocking any connection).

Please can you help me, I need to connect using the Remote Desktop Connection utility.
    Thank you in advance.

Linux Guru
    As you will find in the documentation, the "remote desktop" in Mandriva is VNC. This is NOT the same thing as a Windows "terminal session" which is the RDP protocol. As usual, the MSFT RDP client only connects to MSFT systems.

The only way to use the MSFT RDP client is to install and run a MSFT RDP server program on Mandriva.