Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Dear Ozar, my frustrating problem is that I apparently have Nautilus installed on the system but I have no idea as to where and how to access or open Nautilus. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Dear Ozar, my frustrating problem is that I apparently have Nautilus installed on the system but I have no idea as to where and how to access or open Nautilus. It is not in the applications menu, on my desktop or anywhere else. There must be a way to get the file running but where and how?

oz
    forum.guy
    If it's installed, but not in any menu or on a panel, you should also be able to start Nautilus from the command line by going to a terminal and entering the following:

Code:
    nautilus --no-desktop --browser
    ...or simply

Code:
    nautilus
    oz

Just Joined!
    This command opens up a directory of folders including an empty Nautilus folder

oz
    forum.guy
    Just guessing here, but it sounds like your system might not have installed properly, or fully. If you can post a screenshot of what you are referring to, maybe someone that's running Ubuntu 10.04 can compare it to their working Nautilus window to see if it matches.
    oz

Just Joined!
    Sometimes the thing called "File Manager" is Nautilus but with a different name (no idea why they do that). If you just click on "File Manager", or "File Browser" or "Places", or whatever looks like an "Explorer" type thing, the app that opens is Nautilus (without actually saying so). So try that and then follow the instructions for editing preferences.

HTH

Linux Newbie
    Just double click on any directory folder, home or computer will work. This is Nautilus.

Just Joined!
    In Ubuntu 10.04, you got to: System>Preferences>Appearance>customize Then you pick your icon.

Unfortunately, there is no good way change the size of the icon here. You will have to go to gnome-look.org to get custom icons. There is probably a better way to resize the icons, I don't know what it is.

Just Joined!
    Thanks guys, I found the "File Manager" option unselected under "Main Menu" and simply selected it and now it shows and I can resize.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2