Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7
Originally Posted by Dapper Dan This go round I'm trying to stay as close as I can to command line apps. In that case, Midnight Commander is a very good ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oz
    forum.guy

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    This go round I'm trying to stay as close as I can to command line apps.
    In that case, Midnight Commander is a very good command line file manager should you ever decide to move away from pcmanfm. I'm still waiting for the fixed version of pcmanfm to be dropped into the Arch repos so that I can try it again.
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    Do any of you happen to know of any collections of themes for IceWM other than those that come with it and those located at Box-look.org?

Freshmeat.net used to have lots of themes but they've apparently removed them from their website. There used to be a number of different theme oriented sites around the web but they all seem to have disappeared, or perhaps they've all moved to the *-look.org websites.

Searching the web through the weekend didn't reveal much, so I'm hoping that one of you might know of a secret stash of themes that you don't mind sharing, or even a single theme if it's worthy of your recommendation.

Thanks.
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    Thanks, reed9... especially for the Puppy one - lots of good stuff and info there!

Edit: Found more... for anyone else that might be looking, there are quite a lot of nice themes for IceWM over at KDE-look.org:

KDE-Look.org - IceWM themes

In addition, you can find almost 70 themes in this themes pack that I found in one of the Debian repos:

http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool...26.orig.tar.gz
    Last edited by oz; 10-27-2010 at 10:08 PM.
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    In case anyone else didn't know, simply create a file in ~/.icewm called "startup" and make it executable. Then, enter commands for the programs you want to automatically open after IceWM is up. Of course, I never really had a need for the startup script until now but it will make life much easier for the operators of an eee 701 encoder machine we use in broadcasting.
    Yeah, Dapper Dan... I decided not to use a "startup" page on my own IceWM setup, but according the man page for icewm, you can also have a "shutdown" file within your icewm configs to be used for different things when icewm is shutting down. In fact, there were a number of interesting things that I didn't know about IceWM on that particular man page.
    oz

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7