Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have slack 10, and I already have blackbox on my system, however I cannot use it very well. I cannot configure the menu system, so I cannot start any ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Blackbox info

I have slack 10, and I already have blackbox on my system, however I cannot use it very well. I cannot configure the menu system, so I cannot start any of my programs, and does Blackbox have a website, other than the SF wiki? Also, is it possible to have a program list to put on there, since I do not know all the progams I want on there, since KDE [my current wm] controls all the default programs and whatnot, and half are KDE proprietary, and I need some lighter programs. This box is slow enough as-is.

-justin

Linux Engineer
    just find our black box menu file, should be somewhere such as /home/gensus/.blackbox/menu. You should be able to pico it and see how the menu is configured. Try something like this:

[exec] (firefox) {/home/genesus/firefox/firefox}

[exec] (name you want in menu) {path of the app}

This is how it is on fluxbox, and if you look at the menu file for blackbox it is probably similar and easy to figure out.

Linux Engineer
    blackbox is a dieing project and fluxbox seems to be the defacto replacment. to get best performance and features i reccomend you install fluxbox www.fluxbox.org and read this configuration howto:

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Fluxbox

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close