Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I've been a semi satisfied KDE user for about two months now. But one thing bothers me which isn't an KDE bug. The network manager is quite uneasy to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[KDE] Managing networks uneasy

Hi,

I've been a semi satisfied KDE user for about two months now. But one thing bothers me which isn't an KDE bug. The network manager is quite uneasy to work with. To my knowledge there is no 'connect' button to connect a network interface or to connect to a SSID WiFi network. There is however a 'connect automatically' function. But the respond is too slow, and it's hard to manage between multiple networks that way.

So the question comes down to this, is this manager really that user unfriendly as I just denoted or is there a secret to all of this.

PS: I'm not asking for an alternative manager, this default manager should be doing the basic stuff right? I've added a screenshot so everyone can see that there is no 'connect' button in the manager. This also applies to wired networks, those are very unfriendly managed...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just Joined!
    This is a simple question right? I guess I'll have to post a bug report (or a suggestion to the KDE developers)... Because this default network manager isn't really doing the trick, a 'connect now' button is really missing.