Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am trying to embed an intel johnstown board in a device that i have to share a monitor with. The device is in existing equipment, and we tap into ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

startx without attached monitor - disable probing

I am trying to embed an intel johnstown board in a device that i have to share a monitor with. The device is in existing equipment, and we tap into the vga lines, via a video switcher. We share time with the monitor and this other gaming board.

My problem is i want to be able to reboot, or lose power, and recycle (these things should stay up for months) and be able to come back online, even if the other device has the video switch active.

When i try to startx, it always probes the video card. i have followed other threads on how to try and disable it in xorg.conf, but with no success.

I am attaching my /var/log/X11 log, as well as a fresh xorg.conf generated by debian base install i have. As mentioned, it is an atom N270 processor board with intel graphics chip built in. i have installed the xserver-xorg-video-intel 2:2.9.1-4 debian package, and it loads the i915 kernel module.

Thanks for any feedback anyone can provide.
    dfense
    Attached Files Attached Files