Find the answer to your Linux question:
shouldnt X windows prompt before the [Ctrl+Alt+Backspace] keystroke, because you would lose your X session immediately?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

prompt before [Ctrl+Alt+Backspace] in X windows

shouldnt X windows prompt before the [Ctrl+Alt+Backspace] keystroke, because you would lose your X session immediately?

that would defeat the entire purpose of ctrl-alt-backspace, which is there to restart X when something goes horribly wrong. If something is horribly wrong, you probably wouldn't be able to say okay at the dialogue box

I'm not sure what you're asking. I've never seen this feature before, and wouldn't want it personally, because when I use CTRL+ALT+BACKSPACE it means something went wrong and I want X to shut down immediately, not ask me questions...

Are you asking if this is a feature that is there but not showing up on your system, or if this feature is available for you to add to your system? Just what are you asking?
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

techiemoe:
    he's just making a random comment that belongs in the coffee lounge. look elsewhere in the x-windows forum, he just made one like that about X not having some builtin command dealie...
    -lakerdonald

Quote Originally Posted by lakerdonald
    techiemoe:
    he's just making a random comment that belongs in the coffee lounge. look elsewhere in the x-windows forum, he just made one like that about X not having some builtin command dealie...
    -lakerdonald
    Yeah I just noticed that. I also noticed we trumped each other again. I guess I should just wait a minute before posting to see if you've answered.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

nah. it's all good. then they'll get the impression that we're not just lone nuts, and that somebody agreed with us.