Find the answer to your Linux question:

Thread: Kde 4.6

Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Kde 4.6

Why in the world does my files and folders in my home directory keep disappearing until I hit F5 to refresh the folder, only does it in KDE 4.6, KDE 4.5 it doesn't do this crap, what gives? There is no bug reports, checked on bugs.kde.org/ Nothing was reported, unless I may have missed something?

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    KDE 4.x - major step backward from KDE 3.5.4 (last 3.5 version). Sorry, but this doesn't answer your question, just me ranting! I quit using KDE when I migrated to RHEL6 (SL6 actually), because it is so sucky! I'm running gnome now, but also a bunch of KDE applications. It still is not as good as KDE 3.5.x on CentOS 5 in my opinion. That was fast, kept out of my way, and provided the features and behaviors that I wanted. Keep the eye-candy. I just want a UI that lets me get my work done without a lot of pain and suffering!
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    KDE 4.x - major step backward from KDE 3.5.4 (last 3.5 version). Sorry, but this doesn't answer your question, just me ranting! I quit using KDE when I migrated to RHEL6 (SL6 actually), because it is so sucky! I'm running gnome now, but also a bunch of KDE applications. It still is not as good as KDE 3.5.x on CentOS 5 in my opinion. That was fast, kept out of my way, and provided the features and behaviors that I wanted. Keep the eye-candy. I just want a UI that lets me get my work done without a lot of pain and suffering!

Yeah, I'd use Gnome too, but honestly, I don't care for GTK's Look and Feel, which is why I keep switching back to KDE, I like the way KDE looks..

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Check Dolphin settings and make sure you didn't change anything obvious. It's about the only thing I can think of.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTbob View Post
    Check Dolphin settings and make sure you didn't change anything obvious. It's about the only thing I can think of.
    Hah, nah, it's KDE 4.6, it's done the same thing in Arch and Kubuntu. I figured maybe Arch was having an issue, sure enough, it's KDE 4.6.

I've not noticed it on Gentoo but there are other irritants that I deal with in KDE-6.1-r1
    When I click on the "Home Folder" K>Computer>Home...it's blank!
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTbob View Post
    I've not noticed it on Gentoo but there are other irritants that I deal with in KDE-6.1-r1
    When I click on the "Home Folder" K>Computer>Home...it's blank!
    There's a KDE 6.1?? I thought 4.6 just came out? LOL. But yeah, if that's a typo, you're right, I have that same problem. You press F5 and it all appears again.

Quote Originally Posted by richm8026 View Post
    There's a KDE 6.1?? I thought 4.6 just came out? LOL. But yeah, if that's a typo, you're right, I have that same problem. You press F5 and it all appears again.
    LOL yeah, it's a typo.
    KDE-4.6.1