Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all. I have a problem with Gnome where the mouse and the keyboard get stuck after sometime. I have tried with Ubuntu & OpenSuse and I have found the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Problem with Gnome, mouse & Keyboard stuck

Hi all.

I have a problem with Gnome where the mouse and the keyboard get stuck after sometime.

I have tried with Ubuntu & OpenSuse and I have found the same issue. Unfortunately this issue doesn't happen with Windows.

After the session starts everything looks fine then 5 minutes sometimes 10 minutes later the mouse get stuck. For other minutes the keyboard is the only device enabled then it get stuck and I have to reboot. This happens on all those Linux I mention above.

My desktop is a Dell E521 with AMD Athlon 64 2gigahertz. These are the drivers information I get when Windows is working: NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE [Display adapter]. The mouse and keyboard I use are USB.

If you use the console then you don't have any problems. In fact when this problem arises the machine continues working . I can get access remotely with ssh or FTP to it.

I don't know how to troubleshoot this issue and I am really concern that this is happening with Linux only.

I am going to test with Fedora and Debian and see what happens.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers.

Just Joined!
    I just finished to test with Fedora. Although it took more time (maybe 30+ minutes) to get stuck (both) it was the same issue.

- Is there any way to debug this issue?.
    - How do I look information about drivers installed on the machine?

Just Joined!
    Not even an answer... this is why people end discouraged by Unix/Linux. It is not possible that all distros have a problem and can't even show some trace of errors or some device not working. It is a shame that Windows works fine and also shows if any device or driver is working. I want to recommend to move to Linux but with this kind of problems I don't want to be teaching people to look everywhere in internet for some clue when not even the forums provide at least a clue of where to look.

Thank you but I am installing windows and forget about this. Maybe in another 10 years Linux can be something that non-technical users can use. In the meantime keep complaining about Window$ and all the evil empire of Bill Gates. As I said before, Linux is only to be used as a server not as a desktop.

Thanks.