Find the answer to your Linux question:
Just curious what this file is for and where it can be found. It's a requirement for a game I'm trying to build, and I can't find it on my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

libx1-dev

Just curious what this file is for and where it can be found. It's a requirement for a game I'm trying to build, and I can't find it on my system or on-line. I saw references to it that seem to suggest it's used to automate the install process. So it seems necessary, and I'd like to be sure I got it. Anyone familiar? Any input would be great. Thanks.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    That sounds a lot like a package name to me. What distribution+version of Linux are you running? Ubuntu? Could the name be libx11-dev?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Just Joined!

hey, it's me

Thanks so much for responding. But no, I did not mean to say libx11-dev. That's an obvious component and easily accessible through synaptic. Supposedly libx1-dev is a requirement, and I have seen references to it after googling it. I'm beginning to assume it's kind of outdated and probably not absolutely necessary. So I guess I'll just go ahead and see what happens. Just thought I'd ask.

Oh yeah, I'm still using karmic koala. It's set up too well to let it go anytime soon. I mentioned that in my other post. This was kind of a post-script, or post-post, so I didn't bother.

Yeah, so, maybe I'll see what happens or maybe I'll wait a bit longer. It's not a priority. And I've got plenty more to do. Thanks. Bye.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close