Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have edited my grub.cfg file to start Mint 10 in text mode which was running perfectly until I ran dist-upgrade and all the latest Ubuntu upgrades which have caused ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

[SOLVED] System freeze on keyring password

I have edited my grub.cfg file to start Mint 10 in text mode which was running perfectly until I ran dist-upgrade and all the latest Ubuntu upgrades which have caused me some heartburn...
    Here is how I edited grub.cfg http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/des...erminal-3.html

Now when I "startx" my system freezes up looking for a keyring password and I have to kill it. I get the following box: "Enter password for keyring default to unlock" but the system freezes and I am unable to enter the password. When I cntrl>alt>F1 to terminal I find the following text:

(WW) fglrx: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:0@1:0:1) found
    xinit: X server slow to shut down, sending KILL signal.
    xinit: unexpected signal 2.

When I edit grub.cfg to boot back into graphics mode, it runs great.

Any advice?

Any help out there on this? I'm not even sure where to start...

hrmph. Nevermind... figured it out. Gnome-do was accessing something that it must not have had permission for and froze the system up on startup. Limiting the files it was accessing to only my sda1 fixed the problem.