Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've got this quark. My machine orginally prompted me for a UserId and PW, now it doesn't. None of the settings I can find in YaST indicated it is set ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

I'm not prompted to login - how do you enable profile logins

I've got this quark. My machine orginally prompted me for a UserId and PW, now it doesn't. None of the settings I can find in YaST indicated it is set to "autologin". I have two users assigned to the machine. It is default logging into the initial user account. KDE is the default desktop, running SuSe Personal 9.1. The only think I can recall is that I installed a WiFi card, the OS saw it, but I haven't connected to the router with it as of yet - still using the hardwire cable.

I've been told this is impossible to happen ... but it is happening. Rather than re-installing, I'd really like to understand what is going on and how to manage it.

Thanks!

Linux Engineer
    I'm not quite familiar with Yast but there should be a Control Center (like mandrake) where you can set this... the option will be called AutoLogin
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

Linux Enthusiast
    I know I've heard of this happening before, same exact problem... I wish I could remember where.
    Anyways, see if it'll work with a different login manager- like gdm, kdm, xdm, entrance
    I think the default for KDE is kdm
    Emotions are the key to the soul.
    Registered Linux User #375050

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close