Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I'm running Fedora 16 with the Gnome desktop. I have changed the desktop wallpaper (via system settings) to a custom image. The image is displayed correctly as the wallpaper ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Question Desktop wallpaper reverting to default on Fedora 16

Hi,

I'm running Fedora 16 with the Gnome desktop.

I have changed the desktop wallpaper (via system settings) to a custom image. The image is displayed correctly as the wallpaper until I reboot.

When I reboot, my custom wallpaper is shown for about a second or so, but is then changed automatically back to the default wallpaper.

Can anyone suggest where I go about looking to find out what is changing the wallpaper back to the default?

Thanks.

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Have you reported this to the Fedora user forums? Have you looked to see if others have had this problem? Remember, FC16 is waaaay over the bleeding edge. You get what you get. This is NOT a production OS. Report your problems to the appropriate sites, so they can be fixed.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Hi,

Thannks for the advice. Its a bit of an intermittent problem so I'll check it out with the Fedora guys.

So sometimes you reboot, and your wallpaper is saved?
    And other times, it's not?
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Just Joined!
    Do you have Wallpapoz installed? That's what was doing this to me but was difficult to figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by pieman View Post
    Hi,

I'm running Fedora 16 with the Gnome desktop.

I have changed the desktop wallpaper (via system settings) to a custom image. The image is displayed correctly as the wallpaper until I reboot.

When I reboot, my custom wallpaper is shown for about a second or so, but is then changed automatically back to the default wallpaper.

Can anyone suggest where I go about looking to find out what is changing the wallpaper back to the default?

Thanks.