Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 14 of 14
I wanted to update everyone on my issue with adobe flash player. I have fixed the continuous crash issue; it turns out when I disable the hardware acceleration flash never ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
  1. #11
    Just Joined! dureal99d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    24

    I wanted to update everyone on my issue with adobe flash player.

    I have fixed the continuous crash issue; it turns out when I disable the hardware acceleration flash never crashes.

    It still should not crash with the hardware acceleration on as i have 2 SLI 8800gt pcie - but I'm glad i can finally watch hulu and stuff from my Linux box without the need to load the virtual machine to do so.

    welp time to contact adobe and hopefully in the next release they will fix it

  2. #12
    Just Joined!
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by dureal99d View Post
    welp time to contact adobe and hopefully in the next release they will fix it
    What next release?

    Adobe to Linux users: Get Chrome or forget Flash - Computerworld

    The only way forward with flash now is to download Google Chrome as this will have flash included. There is an open source project called Lightspark which is intended to be a drop-in replacement for flash, works fines with YouTube but is a bit hit and miss with other sites. As soon as Lightspark gets a bit more consistant across various websites with flash content then I will drop Adobes flash for good.

  3. #13
    Just Joined! dureal99d's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by nixblog View Post
    What next release?

    Adobe to Linux users: Get Chrome or forget Flash - Computerworld

    The only way forward with flash now is to download Google Chrome as this will have flash included. There is an open source project called Lightspark which is intended to be a drop-in replacement for flash, works fines with YouTube but is a bit hit and miss with other sites. As soon as Lightspark gets a bit more consistant across various websites with flash content then I will drop Adobes flash for good.
    by next release i i am saying 11,2,202,235 is the version of adobe flash player currently installed on my distro of Linux i am simply saying that perhaps (in for example) version 11,2,202,236 they may fix it to where i can turn on the hardware acceleration and it work properly without crashing

    secondly light sparks sucks at most everything though i would use it if it was the only option available - third i have come to find some distros always support things better that other don't with that said the chromium that is installed on my kubuntu does not support flash by itself like in windows - it will tell me just like any browser in my distro of Linux to install flash if it is not installed.

  4. #14
    Just Joined!
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by dureal99d View Post
    i am simply saying that perhaps (in for example) version 11,2,202,236 they may fix it to where i can turn on the hardware acceleration and it work properly without crashing
    I'm guessing Adobe doesn't give a rats ass for stand-alone flash on Linux now - I hope your problem gets fixed.

    I'm also at the point where flash content on websites is almost irrelevent to me, apart from YouTube - and lightspark is pretty much fine for that. Adobe can KMA!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •