Find the answer to your Linux question:
Using Mandrake 10.1 Official, and installed KDE 3.3 from the 4th disc. Works fine, except for one problem that bugs me - I can't get any screensaver to work. I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

KDE 3.3 upgrade killed screensavers

Using Mandrake 10.1 Official, and installed KDE 3.3 from the 4th disc. Works fine, except for one problem that bugs me - I can't get any screensaver to work. I can select a screeensaver and preview it in the KDE Control Center, but when I leave the computer alone, when it goes into a screensaver, it goes to a blank screen instead of the one I picked. I've tried screwing with all the screensaver options with no luck. Anyone else had this problem and/or know how to fix?

Just Joined!
    Had the same problem with 3.2 on a Mandrake 10.1 download install. I would set the screensaver options in the KDE screensaver tool (in the KDE control center), but all it ever did was blank the screen.

I discovered that Mandrake has it's own screensaver tool (System->Configuration->Other->Screensaver). To get it to work, I turned off the kde screensaver options completely. Then I used the Mandrake tool to set the screensaver options. That's when it began working.

Hope this helps.

Just Joined!
    im using FC3 and i have the same problem with KDE 3.3 not sure how to fix the problem with out downgrading KDE

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close