Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, my goal is to access my centos server (which is currently just a vm for test purposes) from windows via TightVNC. Now I've set it up correctly as far ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

TightVNC centos keyboard not working help!

Hello, my goal is to access my centos server (which is currently just a vm for test purposes) from windows via TightVNC.

Now I've set it up correctly as far as I'm aware, and through VNC I get to the Centos login screen, however the keyboard doesn't work, it's not transmitting the keyboard info.

Here's the tutorial I followed to set it up:

server-world.info/en/note?os=CentOS_6&p=x&f=2

The funny thing is when I connect to the display of the current user on the vm, everything works fine, but when I try to connect via the second display defined in vnc for another session, I can't use the keyboard.

I'm posting this here because I think it's related to the X environment, although not really sure.

If there's a better section for this, please tell me.

Also one last question, how do you undo the command "metacity --replace", what is the alternative in centos gnome environment? And how do you re-activate it?

Just Joined!
    I finally found out that it was VMwaretools, that was causing all my problems. I uninstalled VMwaretools and Voila! In view a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

Er hmmm, that aside, I found out for anyone who is interested, that tigervnc in linux and vmwaretools don't mix well, but apparently a tightvnc package in linux works ok with vmwaretools for those interested.

Also can someone still reply to my question about metacity, thanks!