Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've wrote a script to set the brightness level using the webcam to sense the ambient light, right now I'm using the pm sleep hook to call it, figure I'm ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

hook for login

I've wrote a script to set the brightness level using the webcam to sense the ambient light, right now I'm using the pm sleep hook to call it, figure I'm in a new area if I'm coming out of suspend, is there a hook for login (whether a fresh login or just unlocking the screen)?
    Thx, Tom

Trusted Penguin
    it depends on your distro/display manager, but you can check out the /etc/X11/xinit dir for some scripts that can be configured to be executed upon login.

if you are using xscreensaver, you can use the -watch command to write screensaver activity to a log file, then have a daemon read your logfile, looking for unlocking activity.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by atreyu View Post
    it depends on your distro/display manager, but you can check out the /etc/X11/xinit dir for some scripts that can be configured to be executed upon login.

if you are using xscreensaver, you can use the -watch command to write screensaver activity to a log file, then have a daemon read your logfile, looking for unlocking activity.
    I was looking for something that works with BOTH screensaver login and well as straight login, and preferably some user only way (like .bashrc for example, which I guess I could use for login and do the screensaver separately).
    Tom