Find the answer to your Linux question:

Thread: hook for login

Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

hook for login

I've wrote a script to set the brightness level using the webcam to sense the ambient light, right now I'm using the pm sleep hook to call it, figure I'm in a new area if I'm coming out of suspend, is there a hook for login (whether a fresh login or just unlocking the screen)?
    Thx, Tom

it depends on your distro/display manager, but you can check out the /etc/X11/xinit dir for some scripts that can be configured to be executed upon login.

if you are using xscreensaver, you can use the -watch command to write screensaver activity to a log file, then have a daemon read your logfile, looking for unlocking activity.

Quote Originally Posted by atreyu View Post
    it depends on your distro/display manager, but you can check out the /etc/X11/xinit dir for some scripts that can be configured to be executed upon login.

if you are using xscreensaver, you can use the -watch command to write screensaver activity to a log file, then have a daemon read your logfile, looking for unlocking activity.
    I was looking for something that works with BOTH screensaver login and well as straight login, and preferably some user only way (like .bashrc for example, which I guess I could use for login and do the screensaver separately).
    Tom

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close