Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi! I'm dealing with a strange cursor issue for a couple of hours now and still didn't find any sollution. The problem is i can't "click" anything in any application ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

RHEL Mouse cursor issue

Hi!

I'm dealing with a strange cursor issue for a couple of hours now and still didn't find any sollution. The problem is i can't "click" anything in any application since the cursor's reaction to LMB click is changing into hand icon for moving the app window. RMB isn't working correctly as well - it's like having Alt button pushed all the time i guess, though LMB click seems to work fine for system toolbar (i can run an app from toolbar or choose one from the menu). The problem occurs after logging into the desktop, login screen is fine yet.

I'm using RHEL 6.3 and Gnome desktop.

thanks in advance!

//Edit: Changing window manager from Compiz to metacity solved the issue. So the question is: how to fix the issue with Compiz?
    //Edit: Since i found it out to be a Compiz issue rather than system related, please move this topic to Desktop / X-Windows forum. Thanks!
    Last edited by Vissy; 08-10-2012 at 12:16 PM.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Vissy View Post
    //Edit: Since i found it out to be a Compiz issue rather than system related, please move this topic to Desktop / X-Windows forum. Thanks!
    Hello and welcome!

Moved as per your request...
    oz

Just Joined!
    Issue "solved". At first, i just switched to metacity and didn't care for a while since it wasn't bothering me any more, but today i tried something i do not really know why i didn't do when the problem appeared - simply restoring compiz settings to default. and BAM, that's all