Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey all, just wondering if there is some kind of gnome extension that lets you search Google with your voice by grabbing a key combination? Sort of like the iPhone ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Google voice search gnome extension

Hey all, just wondering if there is some kind of gnome extension that lets you search Google with your voice by grabbing a key combination? Sort of like the iPhone app or even the quick search on android. If anyone knows if one exists or can help me make one please reply. I've checked all over and I couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance.

Nope, Google Voice Search is a propietary app developed by Google. Unless some awesome hacker reverse engineers the server it sends the data to, the codec, and figures out how to retrieve the results, then it won't be possible.

And I honestly doubt anyone is capable of doing that.

Just Joined!
    Well, unless you mean on google chrome. I'm not sure if it works on chromium, but you can just in chrome search with voice with a key combo that I forgot.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgange View Post
    Well, unless you mean on google chrome. I'm not sure if it works on chromium, but you can just in chrome search with voice with a key combo that I forgot.
    It's not even nearly as similar as what the OP is asking for. Google Now / Google Voice Search is not just Google Search with a voice-to-text engine, it's an intelligent assistant, like Siri, which can get you sport scores, navigation routes, and can set reminders for you.

not sure if google voice search uses adobe air or not, but if it does then you can install it. I have adobe air on my pc that lets me control pandora.