Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello Linux gurus, The screen of a Red Hat enterprise Linux 6, 64 bit machine just freezes like this: black background with the white words "Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6". ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Red Hat 6 Enterprise Linux 6 screen freeze

Hello Linux gurus,

The screen of a Red Hat enterprise Linux 6, 64 bit machine just freezes like this: black background with the white words "Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6". I have tried "re-pluggin the screen, ctrl + F7. ctrl + alt F1~F6 switching", still the same issue, nothing changed.

I therefore remotely reboot and reboot by unplugging the computer". These two methods brings seconds of command line while rebooting and then the screen becomes the blackground with white words "Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6" again. However, after rebooting, I can still remotely log in this computer and do things in command lines.

Could any guru kindly offer the solution? Sorry for the ignorance, if any.

red_hat_screen_freeze.JPG

I would try rebooting and editing GRUB at the prompt to remove RHGB and Quiet so you can see whats happening or where it locks up.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk 2
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!
    Thanks MikeTbob for replying! Later on we find that we just go to the wrong kernels, which will make the dark screen as described for unknown reasons. If we go to the correct one, everything will just become normal. -Henry

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close