Find the answer to your Linux question:
im running fedora 19kde on a new toshiba laptop 64 bit was originally installed with windows 8 which is gone now . when my screen turns off it will not ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

sleep/hibernate/ screenlock problems fedora 19 kde

im running fedora 19kde on a new toshiba laptop 64 bit was originally installed with windows 8 which is gone now . when my screen turns off it will not come back on until i reboot. like if i put it into hibernate mode or "sleep" mode or even if i just close the lid the screen will not re-start. i have the screen lock turned off and also when i close the lid i have it set to do nothing. any ideas?

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by rumlesj1 View Post
    i have the screen lock turned off and also when i close the lid i have it set to do nothing. any ideas?
    I guess I know this and was hit by the same bug. The screen lock is fine. It is this other setting that makes the problem. Power Profile must not set the Screen to 'Energy Saving'. I had filed a bug on May 11, 2011. You know, the buggers of Ubuntu throw out any bug after a time of inactivity of 60 days. So the current state is 'expired' without any work done on it.
    Just find the setting (maybe someone else can help out?) to deactivate the monitor control in case of idleness.

Linux User
    Code:
    xset -dpms
    should turn the power saving features off.
    Code:
    xset dpms 0 0 600
    should turn the screen off after 10 minutes, without going through standby or suspend.