Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have the windows version of Vampire: Bloodlines and I was wandering if theres a way to get it running on Linux without having to buy a new version of ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Windows Game On Linux

I have the windows version of Vampire: Bloodlines and I was wandering if theres a way to get it running on Linux without having to buy a new version of the game or buy a program to it, me having no money and all, any help or ideas??

Just Joined!
    Hi

I'm a neebie just like you. I've made some games for windows work under linux.

Try this...

open a console in the directory where the game has been installed under windows..

i.e.

/windows/C/Program Files/...etc

then in the console type

# wine {filename.exe}

Good luck!!!!

LS

Just Joined!
    If it doen't works, try downloading "Cedega" from

http://www003.portalis.it/115/winexy2556954.html

Cedega is like Wine but it's been made for gaming.

Bye

Just Joined!
    Well, I dont have windows installed on my computer, just Linux and I said i wasnt willing to have to pay for anysoftware to do it, hence why im looking for something free. I already payed for my games, isnt that enough? lol

Quote Originally Posted by leecheroflife
    Well, I dont have windows installed on my computer, just Linux and I said i wasnt willing to have to pay for anysoftware to do it, hence why im looking for something free. I already payed for my games, isnt that enough? lol
    The link above is for the freely-available version of Cedega. Read the page. You don't *have* to subscribe to get it, you just have to pay to get the official package from Transgaming that supports copy protection schemes.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants