Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi I am a very happy debian user, I've built a light openbox desktop from a minimal debian stable setup. What i like about openbox is its speed and easy ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Openbox touchpad actions

Hi I am a very happy debian user, I've built a light openbox desktop from a minimal debian stable setup.
    What i like about openbox is its speed and easy of use, especially due to keybinds.
    Since my machine is an asus k55v equiped with a great multi-touch capable touchpad I’d like to bind some of the actions called by keybinds to its extra buttons or even to multi-finger gestures, and it would be great if that could be achieved without too many extra packages and additional daemons running.
    For expample I’d like to be able to maximize a window by pressing the touchpad’s top-left corner or to change window with a three-finger scrolling using the alt-tab keybind however, nothing fancy a la mac
    Anyone who did something similar or is also interested in doing it??
    P.S. I use synclient to configure my touchpad at every startup having this little script run by openbox

#!/bin/bash
    synclient TapButton1=1 TapButton2=3 TapButton3=2 VertTwoFingerScroll=1 HorizTwoFingerScroll=1
    exit 0

you could check out the archwiki which has proved helpful setting up my touchpad on my crunchbang (debian-based) install.
    i'm not allow to post links yet, just search "touchpad synaptics" on wiki.archlinux.org.