Find the answer to your Linux question:
Kubuntu 12.04 I'm hoping that someone knows of a simple way to change the color of the page tabs in the Panel. I would like them to be more obvious ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Kubuntu Panel Colors

Kubuntu 12.04

I'm hoping that someone knows of a simple way to change the color of the page tabs in the Panel. I would like them to be more obvious rather than the gray color that they are now.

I looked at the options in System Settings >Application Appearance and Workspace Appearance but have not found a way to make that change.
    Is it possible to change those colors?

Click to enlarge:
    Panel Color.jpg
    Last edited by okbud; 02-25-2014 at 10:57 AM.

Just Joined!
    you have to go into another area for this as plasma themes are changed elsewhere (workspace appearance)
    (plasma is the gui in KDE that has the transparency much like aero in Windows Vista/7)

Just Joined!
    I have been to Workspace Appearance and was unable to find how to change those tab colors.
    If you know how and where to do this, please, post the method.

Just Joined!
    in that section you can download new themes in the desktop themes section and try them out and see what one works out for you.
    Also you could try the icons only task manager widget which can be customized to be like the superbar in windows 7/8.
    Though you have to get a more recent version of KDE for that one (kde is the desktop interface of Kubuntu if you dont know)
    I would link you instructions but I have to make 15 posts to do it.
    Hopefully someone else will aid you

Just Joined!
    In the Desktop Themes I did not find a way to change the active/inactive colors of items(bars) shown in the Task Manager.
    Thanks to you I did find the icon-only task manager and will use that instead of continuing to try to find a way to change the colors.
    I appreciate your help.