Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'd like to add a Bluetooth icon to my upper panel in my Manjaro/GNOME install but after looking around on the interweb I still haven't found out how to do ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Adding Bluetooth icon to panel in GNOME 3.

I'd like to add a Bluetooth icon to my upper panel in my Manjaro/GNOME install but after looking around on the interweb I still haven't found out how to do it. Any help would be appreciate. Thanks.
    No matter where ya' go, there ya' are.

What exactly do you want?

A status program that shows you if bluetooth is active or non active or just a link to a bluetooth program you want to start?

I just wanted to see if there was any way to add a Bluetooth icon to the panel in the same way I have m wifi, battery and volume icon there now.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I see, so you meant a status icon.
    Could be there is one, but since I don't use Gnome (nor bluetooth, usually), I can sadly not help you.

Have you looked into the Gnome settings? Usually there are lots of stuff you can install into it's panel, and one of these might be what you looking for.

I've looked in Tweak Tool and settings but found nothing. Maybe I'll have another look. Thanks.

Can also be that you must install it as addon to Gnome...

Just use the right phrases and duckduckgo or google will help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rava View Post
    Can also be that you must install it as addon to Gnome...

Just use the right phrases and duckduckgo or google will help you.
    Or better yet Startpage, LOL. That's my Search Engine of choice.

I worked with that for a while, but now duckduckgo gives better results than it did when I first compared duckduck with Startpage... Maybe thexy changed / optimized their search.

On a similar note I did find the extension for the weather widget(OpenWeather) so I have it in the panel now. Also added another extension that lets me have more icons in the panel but still no bluetooth icon.

I did find the extension for the weather widget(OpenWeather) so I have it in the panel now. Also added another extension that lets me have more icons in the panel
    See, that's how it works.
    A tip from me: when you got a neat page with lots of info and downloads your searched a bit for, do take a note of it.

It happened more than once to me over the years that I found a solution only after searching a while, and when I did not note it down it later took even longer - or worste case, I never again found that very page.

At least for google it's true that the results differ for what you searched so far, but also differs what others clicked to the same or very similar search.

But at times, could be that 9 of 10 clicks on search finds these have been useless, still google (and other search engines) count them as "right results", putting them up the list // the search score.

While it can be that the real solution therefore moved more down the list and got even harder to find...

Might sound too theoretically or unprobable to some of you, but like I said: happened quite regularly to yours truly over the years.

Therefore: good find: note it down. best with some info if it was a plugin, program, fix, for SM-Witless, OSX (which version?) or Linux, and if Linux: which brand did you use at that time cause could be that in 2 years from now you use a Linux (e.g. Slackware) you never believed you would ever use cause it's said to be expert system and nothing for less experienced users...