Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi I am still learning Linux and I remember someone out there stating that Linux could run multiple user sessions at once. After installing Linux I completely forgot until my ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to setup MultiseatX?

Hi I am still learning Linux and I remember someone out there stating that Linux could run multiple user sessions at once. After installing Linux I completely forgot until my brother wanted to play minecraft with me. Sadly as I own the only computer capable of gaming we cant play the game without setting up 2 people to use this computer. After a couple of Google searches I came across a documentation for MultiseatX and became hopelessly lost.

(documentation in question - h ttps://help.ubuntu.com/community/MultiseatX)

From what I can gather the documentation is aimed at experienced Linux users and can severely mess up my computer if I'm not careful but still, I know setting up multiple user sessions was far fetched from the start but I would be extremely grateful if anyone out there had a magic manual for me to follow or an alternative way for me and my bro to play this game together (perhaps just run the game twice and setup 1 window for another keyboard/mouse?)

Thanks to anyone that can help

Linux Newbie
    Odd I stumbled across a youtube vid a bit ago and two user on one computer both played minecraft using softxpand duo...impressive

multiseat x is likely the same thing however I am not sure you could both be in the same game on one account. you may need to do some minecraft research based on having one computer with two users with two monitors, keyboards, and mice.