Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

Quote Originally Posted by CarterCox View Post
    But mentioning Windows in a Linux forum is like jumping in a river filled with baby piranhas. And gets worth if you say that certain Linux software is missing some features.
    i'm sorry, but i have to disagree here.

it is very common that people come from another operating system to linux, and have the expectation to get one particular feature from that previous OS without which - they think - they cannot get a decent workflow.

of course, ignoring the fact that there's millions of linux desktop users that do get a decent workflow; so maybe a shift in paradigm is really required instead of asking for very particular features?

and regularly they get told that something similar exists, and they should start familiarizing themselves with what is actually available on linux and how it all fits together.

there's no baby piranhas.

so, why is aerosnap for linux window managers not to your liking?

Linux User
    Aerosnap is when you grab the window, drag it to the edge and it resizes. That's not what I'm talking about. Did you read the op?

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Linux Guru
    you need to try a tiling wm.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by CarterCox View Post
    Aerosnap is when you grab the window, drag it to the edge and it resizes. That's not what I'm talking about. Did you read the op?

Use plasma desktop (wm3 is also very nice) or deal with that 'ausence of feature' at your own. First search and read the documentation... I dont know if it could do what you want and i dont have time to find this for you. Welcome to gnu and more important, its great philosophy.

Enviado desde mi Aquaris X5 mediante Tapatalk

Linux User
    -->
    Quote Originally Posted by nihili View Post
    you need to try a tiling wm.
    Such as? Awesome? I've tried it and it's the same as Cinnamon. I didn't like very much the panel it has. Also, the windows don't seem to recognize external panels, like the one on LXDE, so I kinda dropped it. Maybe it's better to run it alone?

Quote Originally Posted by danichan View Post
    Use plasma desktop (wm3 is also very nice) or deal with that 'ausence of feature' at your own. First search and read the documentation... I dont know if it could do what you want and i dont have time to find this for you. Welcome to gnu and more important, its great philosophy.
    Plasma is essentially the same as Cinnamon. I didn't even find documentation on Cinnamon. Also, Plasma may be a bit too much for my PC (It's a crappy laptop with 2Gb of RAM, the CPU is always spiking and slowing everything down). The HDD doesn't help either.

Anyways, I'll keep looking around. Thanks!