Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Lightdm logout when exec xinit on other vt

I am wandering why my user session logout when execute xinit (startx) in other vt.

Greetings.

Enviado desde mi Aquaris X5 mediante Tapatalk

I could be wrong, but you can only have a single X output running at a time, unless you specifically have multiple displays setup, and you call X for the specific display. Otherwise, the call to start an X session (with defaults) will wipe the existing one.

Go well.
    Respectfully... Sarlac II
    ~~
    The moving clock K' appears to K to run slow by the factor (1-v^2/c^2)^(1/2).
    This is the phenomenon of time dilation.
    The faster you run, the younger you look, to everyone but yourself.

Linux Guru
    which exact commands did you use, what did they return, and what do the Xorg logs for both sessions say?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    I'm in the hospital right now. Rhinoplasty patient here. I will reply as son as possible

Linux User
    LOL... The forum has gone mad...

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by danichan View Post
    I'm in the hospital right now. Rhinoplasty patient here. I will reply as son as possible https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...9b5d7408ea.jpg

god, make me unsee it!

Quote Originally Posted by sarlacii View Post
    I could be wrong, but you can only have a single X output running at a time, unless you specifically have multiple displays setup, and you call X for the specific display. Otherwise, the call to start an X session (with defaults) will wipe the existing one.

Go well.
    if i disable lightdm.service i can execute startx whateverwm-session -- :n+1 (n=0) with the same user or another on every vt available.

With lightdm.service enable and started, i can use dm-tool (dm-tool switch-to-greeter) to start other 'instance' of lightdm login on other vtn.

If i execute startx -- :n+1 on other vt (same user or not) with lightdm started, the session opened using lightdm are closed.

I think the way how lightdm works with systemd-logind service is the key, but i still not figure out.

by the way, i still look like a f*king panda (: