Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello again....probably asking a question in which the answer is right in front of my face but I just cant seem to find it. I dont like the default view ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Change View Mode / Konqueror

Hello again....probably asking a question in which the answer is right in front of my face but I just cant seem to find it.

I dont like the default view mode in Konqueror, I always change it over to "info list view" to surf thru Konqueror. I can I change the settings so that everytime I open a Konqueror window that is opened in the "info list view" mode.

Thanks in advance.

Just Joined!
    I was trying to ask "How" do you change the settings so that everytime you open up your home directory you get the "info list view"? It just didnt come out that way.

Just Joined!
    pity that this post has not been answered. konqueror 3.5 is out already, and i'm still wondering how to do this.

I have been trying to get this to wokr to, but I have had no luck. Try messing around with profiles or try doing something like konquerer-man and see what it spits out to see if you can start it in a certain view-mode.

Just Joined!
    this is pretty quick fix.

You set the view mode you want.

Go to your settings menu and click

Save View Profile "File Management"
    now konqueror will start with those settings every time you open the file manager