Find the answer to your Linux question:
Like Konsole, Xterm, Gnome Terminal, Rxvt, etc, etc? just wondering the difference if there is any....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

the difference between all the Terminals?

Like Konsole, Xterm, Gnome Terminal, Rxvt, etc, etc? just wondering the difference if there is any.

Linux Guru
    Well, Konsole is for KDE (uses the KDE daemons and libraries), and Gnome Terminal is for GNOME. In all else, it's mainly just a matter of look and feel and in some cases some small changes in functionality. xterm is probably the graphically most lightweight of them all. It's the one I use.

Linux User
    Xterm is the one i started to use today. but one thing i didnt like about it. i cant copy text. making it a little harder to get help from people if i cant copy and paste errors and whatnot. if there is a way to copy and paste please tell me.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    That is a bit problematic. I know there is one, but I can't say that I really know how it works, though. It probably says in the manpage, though.

Linux User
    to anyone who wanted to knwo i know how to paste now in Xterm. highlight with the pointer then if you have a wheel on your mouse. click down where yo want it to be pasted and if you dont have a wheel. i dont know who doesnt but just click the two buttons at the ssametime cheers

Linux Guru
    You serious with me?! (Apperently; it seems to work...)
    I would never have believed that newer GTK+ applications and the like would support that scheme. Thank you very much!

Linux User
    I'd still like to know how to make a terminal semi-transparent without having to use Konsole. I read the man pages on a couple of them but I coudn't get anything from those...

Linux Guru
    What terminal is it that you're trying to do semi-transparent?

Linux User
    Well any terminal that can support it, doesn't matter to me. I tried Eterm but the transparency is only supported by WindowMaker and Enlightenment.