Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How can I start KDE from winXP with exceed 7 ?

Just Joined!
    Forget Exceed. Just use VNC. I don't think you can do that with Exceed anyway. I think that it's ust supposed to allow you to access/manage your *nix box. I haven't used it since v6, and that was with HP-UX not Linux.

Just Joined!
    yeah....vnc....*drool*

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    What exactly is VNC? Why not just use an X server for windows instead. That's probably better anyway.

Just Joined!
    http://www.realvnc.com

it's a free multiplatform x server and it's the shiznistastovisnatch. I use it almost everyday on my wireless laptop to session various machines around my house. win boxes, linux, I even have 2 macs running vncserver. I also session boxes at work so I can work from home sometimes. (You really should use ssh tunneling for a wan session though which isn' really all that hard to set up)

Linux Guru
    Well, I only run linux on my computers, so the X server suffices more than well for me. I must say that the builtin X11 ssh tunneling of ssh is one really good feature when working behind firewalls.

Linux Guru
    VNC is basically just a remote desktop, right? In that case I must say that an X server might be preferred for many uses. I looked into it though... It is _really_ small, and that java viewer seems like a really good idea. It seems like a pretty impressive piece of software, but still I prefer the X server for my uses.