Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm running Gnome under Mandrake 10.1. It installed Xorg 6.7. I would like to install Cedega but to do this I need the latest ATI drivers. But to install them ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

updating Xorg?

I'm running Gnome under Mandrake 10.1. It installed Xorg 6.7. I would like to install Cedega but to do this I need the latest ATI drivers. But to install them (according to the website) I need Xorg 6.8. SO....

I tried a straight ahead "urpmi Xorg" and was told that everything is already installed. I then tried to update via the Mandrake control center (which seems to be a graphical urpmi.update) and received several security/standard update patches but no option for Xorg 6.8. I then surfed over to Xorg and found that entire website confusing and unhelpful (I'm still pretty new to Linux). Mandrake's website wasn't that great either, and Google didn't help much (though I admit I didn't spend very much time looking through the search results.)

Can anyone explain how to update Xorg?

Just go to the Xorg site and download the Xorg source code, then read the README or INSTALL file in the Xorg install directory.