Find the answer to your Linux question:
i installed mandrake 9.1, but kde does not work, also some applications as koffice, when i try to run them from gnome , :o please help me to fix this ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

mandrake 9.1 kde

i installed mandrake 9.1, but kde does not work, also some applications
    as koffice, when i try to run them from gnome , :o please help me to fix this problem

Linux Guru

Re: mandrake 9.1 kde

Quote Originally Posted by mozilla
    but kde does not work
    In what way doesn't it work? What happens instead? Any errors?

Just Joined!
    it starts then gives me the desktop only without icons,panel even any errors!! when i click by mouse right button it does not give me any thing!

Linux Guru
    Hmmm... too bad I don't use KDE. Something might have gone wrong during the installation; have you tried reinstalling?
    Someone who knows KDE? Any comments?

Linux User
    i have seen that before. although i was unable to find a solution because i was installing mandrake 9.1 on a friends PC and the same exact thing happened. then i said "well we will reinstall" and he was like NOO just put windows 2000 on it. and i said "pfft fine". anywho i would say try and reinstall.

Just Joined!
    Sorry, I can't help, I'm new to linux, here is what happened to me.

I use Mandrake 9.1 and on one install I got only the floppy drive icon.
    I looked at this and that (configuration tools), did not touch any of them 'cos I didn't want to make it worse. I re-booted, same thing, I happened to click on the desktop and the icons appeared.

Another that happens every install, I go to mouse config, choose large cursor and white cursor.

When I start up, sometimes it's large, small, sometimes it's black, sometimes white.

I got Crossover Office to install MS Office (I have office 2000 premium - so whats the point of not using it in linux). It installs no problem.
    Office runs good.

So, when I re-start, the Crossover Office icons disappear, one time when I tried to locate them, all the icons on the "task bar" disappeared.

In the install I just made, the version of Konqueror that does not run in root mode isn't visible, and I can't locate it. I did find an icon, all it does is run an options thingy.