Find the answer to your Linux question:
ello I've been perusing kde-look.org at screenshots, and i have seen some wonderful screen shots. One of the main reasons why i love Linux .. especially KDE, is how you ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Transparency

ello
    I've been perusing kde-look.org at screenshots, and i have seen some wonderful screen shots. One of the main reasons why i love Linux .. especially KDE, is how you can customize it in just about every single way possible. What i was wondering, ive been seeing alot of transparent kickers and menus surfacing out there, and i have one question ... HOW IN THE WORLD DO THEY DO THAT?! ive heard of slicker ... but have no idea what that is really. Any and all help would be greatfully appreciated on my part ... and possibly other people wondering the same thing.
    Quickdraw returns ... more news at 11!

I like to try all flavors of the rainbow. Running SuSE 10.1 on my laptop, Windows XP on my desktop, and an Mac OS X on my Mac powerbook.

Linux User
    I'm new to KDE (recently switched from gnome), and so far have only played with customizing Konsole windows. Open a Konsole and under settings, you can play with a multitude of options including setting the text to bright green (a requirement of being a sysadmin, I think :P), and making the window transparent.
    Hopefully, others can share their experiences on playing with transparency...
    \"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.\"
    Albert Einstein

Linux Newbie
    hrmm ... transparent windows. now that would look nice as well. my goal is to have everything transparent that can possible be so. mainly its because i think it looks really nice, and i love my wallpapers. and i stopped using Gnome a while back, mainly because i liked KDE better. but they are both good i believe. Maybe someday i may go play with Enlightenment. *shrugs* who knows ... someday maybe.
    Quickdraw returns ... more news at 11!

I like to try all flavors of the rainbow. Running SuSE 10.1 on my laptop, Windows XP on my desktop, and an Mac OS X on my Mac powerbook.

Just Joined!
    At first I had it very transparent. Now I can't remember where I did it. I did it as a straight out of the box install of RH 9.