Find the answer to your Linux question:
im currently trying to install gDesklets by following the toutorial at http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...05/01/2/175774 All went really well until step 4, installing gnome-python-2.0.0. I get the following error Code: configure: error: Library ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

gDesklets headache

im currently trying to install gDesklets by following the toutorial at http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...05/01/2/175774
    All went really well until step 4, installing gnome-python-2.0.0. I get the following error

Code:
    configure: error: Library requirements (pygtk-2.0 >= 2.0.0) not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.
    i imagine it cant find pygtk 2.0, but I installed that ok in an earlier step. Does anyone have an idea of how i can get this to work? Should I be doing it in another way?

would it be worth my while to switch over to kde and use super karamba? Im really not a big fan of kde, but i'd be willing to make the switch because gnome was taken out of slackware 10.1.
    Registered Linux User Number 373366

Linux Newbie
    well, i switched to kde, and it going pretty well, i got karamba and installed several themes. Im just having troble getting them to start automatically. I made a shell script for each like the following:
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    superkaramba /home/alex/themes/DesktopGmailv1.1/gmail.theme
    I placed all of these shell scripts into the directory /home/alex/.kde/Autostart. They never start up! If i run them manually, they work great, but they wont work by themselves. does anyone have some insight on this??

Just Joined!
    Better ways then Shell Script
    in your home you have the .xinirc file, put in in, after the startkde line, with a & in the end, just like that:

Code:
    superkaramba /my/displays &
    It shall solve your problem, I guess

Linux Newbie
    you're my hero :P

Just Joined!
    Glad to help